CopyrightAccess for business
There are two licences available for businesses.
- The CopyrightAccess Licence is suitable for when you are using journals, websites, books or photocopying magazine and newspaper articles. For example, if you are sourcing information about a competitor from the internet and sharing it with your colleagues, then CopyrightAccess is the right licence for you.
- The NewsAccess Licence is suitable for the digital use of newspapers.
Is the CopyrightAccess Licence right for your business?
The CopyrightAccess Licence is designed to cover use of both hardcopy and digital material by today's businesses.
CopyrightAccess provides businesses with the ability to copy and share copyright material within certain limits, for example by:
- scanning items;
- saving to disc or a computer hard-drive;
- displaying on a company intranet; and
- photocopying and faxing material.
Click here to view our 2013 brochure on the CopyrightAccess licence.
Your business and CopyrightAccess
Easy access to the latest published information is essential to staying ahead in today's ever-changing business world. A CopyrightAccess licence is an efficient and simple copyright licence which provides your company with the ability to use, within certain limits, a wealth of published materials.
If you email articles to colleagues, photocopy a newspaper article or place a research paper on your company's intranet without the express permission of the copyright owner then you may be infringing copyright.
A CopyrightAccess Licence provides your company with:
- a cost-effective way of managing your copyright responsibilities;
- convenient access to copyright materials; and
- an increase in legal protection against copyright infringement.
What can I do under a CopyrightAccess Licence?
With a CopyrightAccess licence you can copy, use and share published information, with a few exceptions, throughout your organisation. It provides you with a number of rights that will allow you to use parts of published materials, including:
- emailing, displaying on your intranet and faxing;
- making photocopies;
- storing on internal networks and drives; and
How much can I copy?
Subject to certain limitations, the licence allows you to copy up to:
- 10% of the number of pages or one chapter of a book;
- one chapter or 10% of the number of words of a digital work; and
- one journal article from any issue – more than one if the articles relate to the same subject matter.
What about my existing subscriptions?
The CopyrightAccess licence is designed to complement any subscription services you may already have. It fills in the gaps in copyright compliance around your use of your current subscriptions e.g. by scanning and emailing articles. It does not replace your company's need to purchase or subscribe to copyright material.
Copyright Agency's repertoire covers an extensive range of works. However, some works have been specifically excluded. Click here for further information on excluded works.
For more information
To find out more, please contact our Business Licensing team on 1800 066 844 (toll free within Australia) or +61 2 9394 7600.