Combined services agreement
As of 2 July 2012, two of Australia’s prominent rights management organisations, Copyright Agency and Viscopy, have entered into a new arrangement to deliver benefits for artists and licensees.
Under the arrangement, Copyright Agency will manage Viscopy’s business, including its services to members and licensees. Viscopy’s staff have joined Copyright Agency’s team, to assist with a smooth transition of the Viscopy business and to help manage Copyright Agency’s business. Viscopy will remain a separate entity, with members and a board.
Significant benefits of the agreement include:
- reducing administrative costs to visual artists under statutory licences
- expanding Copyright Agency and Viscopy repertoires, increasing blanket licensing coverage and payments for all members
- new licensing revenue streams for visual artists
- high-quality information and training to visual artists
- principal policy advocacy for authors and artists in international and local policy making
The agreement will be reviewed by both organisations after three years.