Shortlist for the 2011 NSW Premier’s Literacy Awards
The shortlist for the 2011 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards has been announced and we offer our congratulations to the Copyright Agency’s members who have been shortlisted in the categories below.
- The Christina Stead Prize for Fiction
- Alex Miller for Lovesong
- Douglas Stewart Prize for Non-Fiction
- Anna Krien for Into the Woods: The Battle for Tasmania’s Forests
- Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry
- Andy Kissane for Out to Lunch
- Ethel Turner Prize for Young People’s Literature
- Michelle Cooper for The FitzOsbornes in Exile. The Montmaray Journals: 2
- Patricia Wrightson Prize for Children’s Literature
- Jeannie Baker for Mirror
- Libby Gleeson (Board member) and Freya Blackwood for Clancy and Millie and the Very Fine Horse
- Emma Quay for Shrieking Violet
- UTS Glenda Adams Award for new writing
- Ashley Hay for The Body in the Clouds
- David Musgrave for Glissando: A Melodrama Script Writing Award
- Debra Oswald for Offspring
The NSW Premier’s Literary Awards were the first set of premier’s awards to be offered in Australia, with the first awards presented in 1979 by then Premier Neville Wran. The Awards help to establish values and standards in Australian literature and draw international attention to some of the country’s best writers and to the cultural environment that nurtures them.
For further information, refer to the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards website.