Board Members Wins PM’s Literary Award
Hearty congratulations to Copyright Agency Board Member and much-loved author, Libby Gleeson on her 2013 Prime Minister’s Literary Award for children’s fiction.
Australian children’s book stalwart Libby Gleeson won the children’s fiction award for Red, a story of a young amnesiac who attempts to piece her life back together after a cyclone hits the eastern suburbs of Sydney.
Judges described it as a ‘‘well-plotted page turner’’.
Ms Gleeson said children’s fiction often resonated with readers.
‘‘I think a lot of people remember very clearly the books they read when they were young, even if they can’t find them anymore,’’ she said.
- Fiction: Questions of Travel – Michelle de Kretser
- Non-fiction: The Australian Moment – George Megalogenis
- Poetry: Jam Tree Gully: Poems – John Kinsella
- Young adult fiction: Fog a Dox – Bruce Pascoe
- Children’s fiction: Red – Libby Gleeson
- Prize for Australian History: Farewell, dear people – Ross McMullin
Click here to read more.