AGM to be held 20 November 2019
November 4, 2019 | Uncategorized
Copyright Agency’s 2019 Annual General Meeting will be held at 4.00pm on Wednesday 20 November 2019 in the Rawson Room, Fourth Floor, SMC Conference and Function Centre, 66 Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales.
The full notice of the AGM and important forms are hyperlinked below:
2. Proxy form
If you wish to appoint a proxy, please print and complete a copy of the form and return it by fax or post to the address provided prior to the meeting.
If your membership is in the name of your company or other organisation, you may want to complete an Appointment of Representative form and return it prior to the meeting by fax or post. If you have provided this form to us previously, you do not need to submit a new form unless there has been any change in the appointed representative.
If you wish to receive a copy of Copyright Agency’s 2018-19 Director’s Report and Financial Report, please contact email@example.com. If you previously advised us that you wish to receive a printed copy of the report, it has been posted to you. If you have not received a printed copy of the report but wish to, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of the Annual Report will be available at the meeting.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- Declaration of Proxies*
- Presentation of Accounts and Reports (Directors and Auditors) for the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June
- Questions of the Auditor
- Chair’s address
- Chief Executive Officer’s report By order of the Board
Josephine Johnston Company Secretary
9 October 2019
A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote instead of the member. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. A form of proxy accompanies this notice.
To be effective, a form of proxy must be received:
- at the registered office of the Company at Level 12, 66 Goulburn Street, Sydney NSW 2000; or
- by facsimile sent to the Company on +61 2 9394 7601
not less than 48 hours before the person named in that proxy intends to vote in accordance with that proxy.
A corporate entity is entitled to appoint a representative to attend and vote on its behalf at the meeting. A form of appointment of a representative accompanies this notice. This document can be provided to the Company in the same manner as a proxy form at any time before or at the meeting.
The Board of Directors is comprised as follows:
- Ms Adele Ferguson, a director who is an author member, elected by the author members of the
- Ms Jane Curry, a director who is a publisher member, elected by the publisher members of the
- Mr Christopher Pash and Ms Helen O’Neill, two directors appointed by the Australian Society of Authors Limited (ASA).
- Ms Lucrezia Russell and Mr David Barnett, two directors appointed by the Australian Publishers Association Limited (APA).
- Mr Anthony Bertini and Dr Kate Harrison, directors appointed by the other directors pursuant to Article 35(a).
- Mr Kim Williams (Chair) and Mr Jason Eades, directors appointed by the other directors pursuant to Article 35(b).
- Dr Oliver Watts, a director appointed under Article 37A.
The names of directors whose terms as director expire at the 2019 AGM are italicised. The Australian Society of Authors has appointed Anne Maria Nicholson to replace Christopher Pash and the Australian Publishers Association has appointed Cath Godfrey to replace Lucrezia Russell.