Apply for your share of more than half a million dollars in royalties.
Have your images been published in books, journals, magazines or newspapers or shown on TV?
If they have, you may be eligible for an Artist Royalty Payback from the Copyright Agency. Copyright Agency manages licenses fees that allow educational institutions, government, businesses and others to copy and share text and images, and pays the licensing fees back as royalties to writers, artists and publishers.
We want to expand the information we have on visual artists, including photographers, fine artists, illustrator, cartoonists and more, whose works have been published or shown on TV. To ensure royalties are distributed to the right creators, we need your help.
Who should APPLY FOR AN ARTIST ROYALTY PAYBACK?
Complete the claim form if:
- You have created artworks (such as photographs, cartoons, illustrations or paintings); OR
- You are a beneficiary of a person who created artworks; and
- Your artworks have been included in an Australian publication (book, ebook, journal, online journal, magazine, newspaper) and/or shown on TV in Australia; and
- Your permission is needed by people who copy your artworks.
We will pay you at least $25 if:
- We can verify the information you give us (e.g. by checking the example publications you give us details about); and
- You are a member of Copyright Agency or Viscopy: membership is free, but we require people to agree to our membership terms before we make a payment.
More on membership.
All claim applications must be submitted by 5pm (AEDT), Friday 10 March 2017.