Create supports individual mid-to-late career artists and authors by providing grants to support time to write and create.
Applicants are able to apply for grants of $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000. Two rounds are held each year with $50,000 available for each round.
Applicants must be able to provide a clear outline of their creative project along with the following information.
Authors will need to
- Provide evidence that they have commenced work
- Provide a sample of their work and an overview or synopsis
- An estimated publication date
- A list of previous publications of at least 5 to 6 works
- A letter of endorsement from a publisher or editor
Artists will need to
- Provide a sample of their work
- A list of previous solo and significant curated exhibitions
- An estimated date of your next exhibition
- A letter of endorsement from a gallerist
- Provide evidence that you have commenced work on your project
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
If your proposal meets the Create grant guidelines, and you are able to provide evidence and documentation as outlined above, please apply via the online system powered by Smartygrants.
Applications for Create grants are now closed.
Successful applicants will be notified approximately eight weeks after the advertised deadline.
Create allocations are made by a panel of independent experts from the publishing and visual arts sectors, read more about the judging panel here.
LETTER OF OFFER AND INVOICING
Successful applicants must return the signed letter of offer and submit an invoice for the full amount within four weeks of receipt of notification of their successful application.
If you are unsure how to complete the budget see our sample budget.
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report in relation to the activity for which they have received funding. Acquittals must report on exactly what the grant was used for and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
For more information and to submit your acquittal head to our acquittals page.
More information and contact
If you have read the guidelines and still have application queries, you can contact our Create Manager, Susan Cole.Share Tweet