|2018 Fellowship for a Visual Artist||January||24 September 2018||November 2018|
Fellowship for a Visual Artist
The Copyright Agency’s Fellowship for a Visual Artist will support an established Australian visual artist to develop and create new work in any medium.
The Fellowship will provide sustained support to an Australian artist to create an important work that connects with audiences. Applicants should submit a compelling project accompanied by support material to demonstrate their ability and artistic merit.
To be eligible to apply, the visual artist must have a contract with a commercial or public gallery to exhibit their work or a letter of intention to exhibit their work from a commercial gallery. This Fellowship will not replace any royalties and payments under the usual terms of a visual arts’ commission.
The successful applicant will agree to acknowledge the Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund in any publication or exhibition arising from the Fellowship.
Applications are assessed by a panel of independent peers.
One Fellowship will be awarded each year.
Amount of grant: $80,000
Projects must start after 1 January 2019.
Who can apply
- Applicants must have a substantial body of work with a minimum of ten exhibitions in public or commercial galleries, and at least five published critical or scholarly reviews of their work.
- Visual artists must submit their own applications. Galleries or representatives cannot apply on behalf of artists.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants.
How to apply
- You must apply via the SmartyGrants online grants platform.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants must provide a clear outline of their intended project. Your application must include a project description along with support material.
You must submit the following support material with your application as a PDF via the online system:
- A one-page synopsis of the proposed work.
- A sample of your work (up to 10 images).
- A one-page CV with a list of exhibitions.
- Letter of intent to exhibit from a curator or gallery.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GRANT OBLIGATIONS
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report on their funded activities within eight weeks of the completion of the project. This report should include a description of the funded activities and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
Applicants who have not acquitted any outstanding completed grants cannot apply until they have successfully acquitted their previous grant.
More information and contact
For further information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
To contact the Cultural Fund, call 02 9394 7600 or email email@example.comShare Tweet