|CREATE Grants||January||closed 19 August 2019||October 2019|
CREATE Grants offer opportunities for mid-career and established creative writers and visual artists to create and develop new work. The grants provide a living allowance to a writer or a visual artist to write or create a new work for publication or exhibition.
CREATE Grants do not support academics with scholarly or academic works.
Applications are assessed by a panel of independent peers from the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors.
These grants will support projects that start after 7 October 2019.
Amount of grant: $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000
Visit our activities supported page for a full list of what the Cultural Fund will and won’t support.
Who can apply
- Authors must have previously published at least two full-length books of their own work (including professionally presented plays), or have a substantial publication record with shorter work, in the following genres: fiction, non-fiction, children’s and young adult literature, picture book illustration, poetry, and writing for performance.
- Visual artists must have at least five years of professional experience with a minimum of three exhibitions in public and commercial galleries
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants to be eligible for further funding.
How to apply
- You must apply via the SmartyGrants online grants platform.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed.
All applicants must provide a clear and compelling outline of their creative project. Your application must include a project description, an estimated publication or exhibition date, and a list of previously published books, or, for artists, a list of solo and significant curated exhibitions.
You must submit the following support material with your application as a PDF via the online system:
- A one page CV outlining your publication history
- A sample of your writing and an overview or synopsis
- A letter of endorsement from a publisher (optional)
- A one page CV outlining your exhibition history
- A sample of your work
- A letter of endorsement from a gallerist (optional)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GRANT OBLIGATIONS
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report on their funded activities within eight weeks of the completion of the project. This report should include a description of the funded activities and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
Applicants who have not acquitted any outstanding completed grants cannot apply until they have successfully acquitted their previous grant.
More information and contact
For further information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
To contact the Cultural Fund, call 02 9394 7623 or email email@example.comShare Tweet