|IGNITE Grants||January||20 April 2018||June 2018|
IGNITE grants support individuals working in the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors to develop skills and progress their careers. They support projects which provide opportunities to individuals in the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors to acquire knowledge, to undertake mentorships, internships, residencies, leadership opportunities, and strategic promotional opportunities.
The grants are not intended for academic study/purposes and cannot be used towards a degree or tertiary qualification.
Amount of grant: Up to $5,000
Applications are assessed by a panel of independent peers from the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors.
Visit our activities supported page for a full list of what the Cultural Fund will and won’t support.
Who can apply
- These grants are open to individual writers, visual artists, and those working in the publishing industry
- Applicants must have had work previously published/exhibited or some experience working in the publishing industry
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants.
How to apply
- You must apply via the SmartyGrants online grants platform.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants must provide a clear outline of their proposed project. Your application must include a project description and how the intended activities will contribute to your professional development, dates of the proposed activity, biographical information on mentors (where relevant), some brief biographical information on the applicant, and an itemised budget.
If you are unsure how to complete the budget see our sample budget.
You must submit the following support material with your application as a PDF via the online system:
- One page CV
- Draft program of intended activities
- Confirmation of your mentorship activities
- If applying for a leadership course, information on the proposed course
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GRANT OBLIGATIONS
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report on their funded activities within eight weeks of the completion of the project. This report should include a description of the funded activities and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
Applicants who have not acquitted any outstanding completed grants cannot apply until they have successfully acquitted their previous grant.
More information and contact
To contact the Cultural Fund, call 02 9394 7600 or email email@example.comShare Tweet