|IGNITE Grants||January||1pm, 8 March 2019||May 2019|
IGNITE grants support individuals working in the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors to develop skills and progress their careers. They support projects which provide opportunities to individuals in the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors to acquire knowledge, to undertake mentorships, internships, residencies and leadership opportunities.
The grants are not intended for academic study/purposes and cannot be used towards a degree or tertiary qualification.
These grants will support projects that start after 15 May 2019.
Amount of grant: Up to $5,000
The grant may be used for living expenses, travel and accommodation costs, and for payments to mentors or for professional development workshop costs. These grants do not cover the costs of book/catalogue/exhibition production or for artists’ costs and materials for the creation of new work.
Applications are assessed by a panel of independent peers from the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors.
Visit our activities supported page for a full list of what the Cultural Fund will and won’t support.
Who can apply
- These grants are open to individual writers, visual artists, and those working in the publishing industry
- Applicants must have had work previously published/exhibited or some experience working in the publishing industry
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants to be eligible to apply for further funding.
How to apply
- You must apply via the SmartyGrants online grants platform.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants must provide a clear outline of their proposed project. Your application must include a project description and how the intended activities will contribute to your professional development, dates of the proposed activity, biographical information on mentors (where relevant), some brief biographical information on the applicant, and an itemised budget.
You must submit the following support material with your application as a PDF via the online system:
- One page CV.
- Draft program of intended activities.
- Confirmation of your mentorship activities (if applicable).
- If applying for a leadership course, information on the proposed course.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GRANT OBLIGATIONS
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report on their funded activities within eight weeks of the completion of the project. This report should include a description of the funded activities and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
Applicants who have not acquitted any outstanding completed grants cannot apply until they have successfully acquitted their previous grant.
More information and contact
For further information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
To contact the Cultural Fund, call 02 9394 7623 or email email@example.comShare Tweet