Thank you for your interest in applying for your share in over $1 million dollars of royalties.
If your images have been published in books, journals, magazines or newspapers, you may be eligible for an royalty from the Copyright Agency. Copyright Agency manages licence fees that allow educational institutions, government, businesses and others to copy and share text and images. We pay licensing fees back as royalties to writers, artists and publishers.
We want to expand the information we have on visual artists, including photographers, fine artists, illustrator, cartoonists and more, whose works have been published. To ensure royalties are distributed to the right creators, we need your help.
WHO SHOULD APPLY TO CLAIM A ROYALTY FOR IMAGES?
Complete the claim if:
- You have created artworks (such as photographs, cartoons, illustrations or paintings); OR
- You are a beneficiary of a person who created artworks; AND
- The images have been included in an Australian publication (book, ebook, journal, online journal, magazine, newspaper); AND
- You retain copyright in those images.
Those who applied last year do not need to resupply the same information.
We will pay you at least $50 if:
- We can verify the information you give us (e.g. by checking the publications where you tell us your image/s have been published); and
- You are a member of Copyright Agency: membership is free, but we require people to agree to our membership terms before we make a payment.
More on membership.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm (EST) Monday, 21 December 2018.