Commercial Licences

Businesses copy and share a wide range of information on a daily basis for analysis, to educate staff, monitor competitor activity and keep up-to-date with the latest industry news and trends. Most of this material is copyright protected and requires a licence.

The Copyright Agency provides a range of copyright licences to cover the use of copyright material for specific business needs. The licences are easy to use and aim to assist businesses to improve workflow while minimising their risk of copyright infringement.


You can price a licence depending on your needs in 3 easy steps on our Rights Portal website.

pay-per-use LICENCES

We also offer single, one off pay-per-use licences for:

To find out which licence you need for commercial or business purposes, go to the Copyright Agency’s Rights Portal.


Many organisations employ press clipping services to monitor the media. Because newspaper articles are protected by copyright, the Copyright Agency has tailored a press clipping licence so a press clipping agency has permission to copy from any of the works represented by us. Clips can then be copied and distributed to their clients.

The Copyright Agency has three types of licence available:

  • the Photocopying Licence allows press clipping agencies to photocopy and distribute clips;
  • the Scan to Fax Licence allows articles to be scanned and distributed (via hardcopy or fax) to clients; and
  • the Copying and Communication Licence allows press-clipping agencies to both electronically deliver content of participating rightsholders and to scan articles from paper edition and deliver them to clients.

We also offer Downstream Licences that allow the clients of press clipping services to internally distribute and store their press clippings by email or intranet.

Download Terms and Conditions Isentia Customers (as at 1 July 2016)

Download Terms and Conditions for Meltwater customers (as at 1 July 2016)

Download Terms and Conditions for customers of My Media Intelligence and Gerathy&Madison (as at 1 July 2016)


  • If you are a Commonwealth or State Government department or agency who distributes or stores press clippings, click here for licensing information.
  • If you are a Local Government Authority who distributes or stores press clippings, click here


For more information: contact our Business Licensing team on 1800 066 844 (toll free within Australia) or +612 9394 7600. You can also email us at

Share Tweet