Private Education Providers

Copying and sharing quality content from diverse sources is essential to achieving the best possible educational outcomes for students.

The use of text and images from books, research papers, newspaper and journal articles, websites and blogs needs to be covered by an appropriate copyright education licence – otherwise the educational institution could be at risk of infringing someone’s copyright and breaching the Copyright Act 1968.

In addition to copyright licensing arrangements with peak bodies for schools and universities, the Copyright Agency also has individual licensing agreements with more than 1,000 other education providers, including private colleges, RTOs, training arms, community colleges and kindergartens.


Is your institution licensed?

Download the list of Independently Licensed Educational Institutions that are covered by an agreement as of June 2021.

If your institution is not covered by a copyright education licence, enter into an licensing agreement to pay equitable remuneration for your copying and sharing of content under the statutory licence.

Once your institution has an agreement in place, your organisation can access to Copyright Agency’s FLEX platform. FLEX is a platform that helps educators and librarians store and serve extracts from books and journals under the Statutory Education Licence.

APPLY FOR a Licence

Apply online

For further information, either call 1800 066 844 (toll free within Australia) or email

Share Tweet