Providing your ABN

Payments from the Copyright Agency are treated as income for taxation purposes, so it’s very important you provide us with your ABN (if you have one).

The licence scheme from which a payment is made may affect the tax treatment of your payment. This information sheet provides more detail about Tax on Payments from the Copyright Agency.

If you receive a Copyright Agency payment under a ‘voluntary’ licence scheme and you have not provided us with your Australian Business Number (ABN), Copyright Agency must withhold PAYG tax from your distribution payment at the highest marginal tax rate.

So, if you have an ABN, please log in to your member account and add it. Alternatively, contact the Member Helpline on 1800 066 844.

Share Tweet