Copyright Agency’s Statutory Education Licences and licence agreements for Government departments and agencies cover all text and images from any source, from anywhere in the world. Some works are excluded from our commercial licence agreements and from our visual arts licences.
COMMERCIAL LICENce agreements
For commercial copyright licence agreements, including annual copyright licences, document delivery licences and media monitoring organisation licences, the literary works listed below are specifically excluded from those agreements. This list may change from time to time.
Australian Financial Review publications for digital use (as of July 2017 all new licences include digital rights to AFR publications. For licences prior to this date please contact your account manager to check if you have the Australian Financial Review digital rights licence extension added to your licence):
- Australian Financial Review
- Australian Financial Review Magazine
- Boss Magazine
- Business Review Weekly (BRW)
- Smart Investor
Song lyrics and sheet music: contact APRA|AMCOS
Works published by:
- Warren Communications New, Inc
- City University of Hong Kong Press
- New Asia Publishing House Ltd
- Witman Publishing Co (HK) Ltd
- Bible Society of South Africa
- Brenthurst Press Pty Ltd
- Zachen Publishers Pty Ltd
- UNISA Press
Works excluded by:
Some artworks will require prior approval or are excluded from licensing by Copyright Agency. When you request a visual arts licence we will advise you if any restrictions apply. We’ve also made it easy by including a list of member artists and artworks where this applies. This list will be updated from time to time.
Not sure what’s covered?
- Prior Approval: Where artists and/or artworks require prior approval before licensing. Special conditions apply to these works.
- Restricted or Excluded Artworks: Where artworks are excluded from licensing by Copyright Agency, in most cases the artist does not own the copyright of the particular artwork, so we are unable to licence these works. Some specific works also contain licensing restrictions, such as joint copyright clearance or sensitive material.
Any questions? Simply contact us for more information or submit a licence request and we will advise if any restrictions apply.
22 August 2018Share Tweet