|Round One||January 2019||1pm, 13 May 2019||Mid-July 2019|
|Round Two||Mid-July 2019||1pm, 30 September 2019||December 2019|
The Cultural Fund provides support to organisations for projects that deliver opportunities for authors, journalists, artists and key industry stakeholders in the writing, publishing, education, and visual arts sectors.
Our aim is to support our members and stakeholders to create, award, present, publish, and promote work by Australian writers and visual artists that connects with audiences.
We also offer grants to leading organisations to help build literacy skills for children and young adults, and partnerships to support key national writers’ festivals.
The Cultural Fund’s grants for organisations can be for a single project or for up to three years. Please contact the Cultural Fund to discuss a potential proposal before submitting and application.
Grants for Round One will support projects that start after 1 August 2019.
Visit our activities supported page for a full list of what the Cultural Fund will and won’t support.
Who can apply
- Legally constituted organisations and incorporated associations may apply.
- Individuals or sole traders are not eligible to apply for these grants. Please see our Grants for Individuals.
- Applicants may only submit one application per round to the Cultural Fund.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants to be eligible to apply for further funding.
How to apply
- You must apply via the SmartyGrants online grants platform.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants must provide a clear outline of their intended project. Your application must include a project description, an itemised budget, and relevant support material.
You may submit up to two files of support material with your application as a PDF via the online SmartyGrants system. Support material may include:
- Information on your organisation and key staff.
- A draft program of proposed activities.
- Letters of support.
- Biographical information on participating writers and visual artists.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GRANT OBLIGATIONS
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report on their funded activities within eight weeks of the completion of the project. This report should include a description of the funded activities and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
Applicants who have not acquitted any outstanding completed grants cannot apply until they have successfully acquitted their previous grant.
More information and contact
For further information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
To contact the Cultural Fund, call 02 9394 7623 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgShare Tweet