|Round One||24 January 2020||1pm 11 May 2020||Mid-July 2020|
|Round Two||Mid-July 2020||1pm Monday 28 September 2020||Mid-December 2020|
The Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund offers grants to leading organisations for projects that deliver exceptional opportunities for Australian writers, journalists, editors, English and literacy teachers, visual artists and key industry stakeholders in the writing, publishing, education, and visual arts sectors.
With these grants, our aim is to support our members and key industry stakeholders to create, award, present, publish, and to offer significant professional development and career sustaining opportunities for writers and visual artists.
The Cultural Fund encourages potential applicants to create opportunities for writers and visual artists at all career stages.
Our priority is to support projects that will provide sustained and realistic support to writers and visual artists and to encourage greater audiences for their work.
We also offer grants to leading national writing organisations to build literacy skills for children and young adults and to encourage reading at all levels, and we are particularly interested in supporting partnerships with key industry organisations to raise the profile of writing and writers.
For visual arts organisations, our priority is to support opportunities for Australian artists to create new work; for professional development; and to raise the profile of the artist.
In most cases, the Cultural Fund’s grants for organisations are for a single project for up to a year; however, in some instances funding for three years may be approved.
As our funding priorities and grants change regularly please contact the Cultural Fund to discuss a potential proposal before submitting your application.
Project start dates
Grants for Round One will support projects that start after 1 August 2020.
Grants for Round Two will support projects that start after 1 January 2021.
While we have no set minimum or maximum amounts, our grants range from $5,000 to $20,000 per project/year. Applicants are encouraged to discuss their project with the Cultural Fund before applying.
Visit our activities supported page for a full list of what the Cultural Fund will and won’t support. Please read specific information for organisations, as this differs to the criteria and projects supported for individuals.
Who can apply
- Legally constituted organisations and incorporated associations may apply.
- If applying as a University, only one application from the University may be submitted per round.
- Individuals or sole traders are not eligible to apply for these grants. Please see our Grants for Individuals.
- Applicants may submit only one application per round to the Cultural Fund.
- Applicants must have acquitted any overdue Cultural Fund grants to be eligible to apply for further funding.
How to apply
- You must apply via the SmartyGrants online grants platform.
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applicants must provide a clear outline of their intended project. Your application must include a project description, an itemised budget, and relevant support material.
You may submit up to two files of support material with your application as a PDF via the online SmartyGrants system. Support material may include:
- Information on your organisation and key staff.
- A draft program of proposed activities.
- Letters of support.
- Biographical information on participating writers and visual artists.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GRANT OBLIGATIONS
Successful applicants must submit an online acquittal report on their funded activities within eight weeks of the completion of the project via the SmartyGrants online system. This report should include a description of the funded activities and detail the success or otherwise of the activity.
Applicants who have not acquitted any outstanding completed grants cannot apply until they have successfully acquitted their previous grant.
More information and contact
To contact the Cultural Fund, call 02 9394 7600 or email email@example.comShare Tweet