Anyone who owns or controls rights in published works or imagery that’s likely to be copied or shared should join the Copyright Agency.
See membership Terms and Conditions
More about our membership
Our members are made up of:
As Australia’s collecting society for all written works, imagery and survey plans, the Copyright Agency is an important link between creators and users of content. We collect and pay royalties to creators and we advocate for their rights. We make it easy for consumers to use, share and reproduce content, avoiding the difficulties and expense of locating copyright owners, negotiating fees and accounting to complex and varied contracts.
Rightsholders are required to become a member before we can distribute payments to them. Membership is free and no renewal is necessary.
Joining Copyright Agency entitles you to receive payments from statutory licence schemes managed by Copyright Agency for education and governments. You can also include your works in non-statutory Copyright Agency Licence Schemes, such as licences for business use and for reproduction of fine art. See here for more information. Once you are a member, you can review your licence participation at any time using your online account.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER
Our core services for members are:
- negotiating, collecting and distributing copyright fees from the education sector and the government sector
- in accordance with authorisation from our members, licensing the use of their works by businesses, people using visual art, and others
We also advocate for the rights of our members, and keep them informed about copyright and industry developments.
We do this by:
- providing educational information, including running free seminars
- sending out a monthly members-only e-news with tools, resources, and latest news updates
- offering funding for creative projects and skills development through our Cultural Fund and Career Fund
- offering member support services
New member applicants based overseas
If you are interested in joining Copyright Agency, and based outside Australia, read our information sheet Information for prospective members based overseas.