Payments to publishers

We make payments to publishers for a range of publication types, including books, journals, newspapers and magazines.

We ask publishers that have agreed to share Copyright Agency payments with writers and illustrators to register the shares with us, so that we can pay the writers and illustrators their shares.

If the shares are not registered, publishers need to pass on the writers’ and illustrators’ shares as soon as possible. We may ask publishers to provide us with information about payments that they have shared with writers and illustrators.


See the FAQs in our Help Centre including for:

October 2023

Share Tweet