Getting permission

Generally, if you want to copy or share someone else’s work, you are likely to need permission (or a licence) from the copyright owner, unless:

Copyright Agency provides licences on behalf of its members for a variety of uses including:

This means if you want to reuse, send or publish images or text, the Copyright Agency can help. We issue the licences to use the material from our members, who are authors, publishers, journalists, poets, surveyors, cartoonists and illustrators and visual artists.

Our licences cover content from overseas as well as Australia, because of our reciprocal agreements with similar organisations in other countries.


Share Tweet