|Reading Australia Fellowship
|28 March 2024
|1pm 27 May 2024
Reading Australia Fellowship
The Copyright Agency’s Reading Australia Fellowship will support an experienced teacher of English and literacy or teacher librarian to undertake professional skills development and career-enhancing opportunities.
The Fellowship will support the successful candidate to undertake project research in a designated area that will enhance their skills and abilities in the teaching of Australian Literature, English and literacy to Australian students. Research projects may be undertaken in Australia or overseas but ultimately Australian teachers, teacher librarians and students should benefit from the research findings.
The Fellowship is not intended to support projects involving the teaching of English as a second language or for academic and scholarly purposes.
This Fellowship complements Reading Australia, a Copyright Agency initiative to encourage the teaching of Australian literature in schools by creating and publishing freely-available resources for teachers, by teachers. Reading Australia has almost 300 resources to books by Australian writers mapped to the curriculum priorities for teachers to use in schools.
One Fellowship will be awarded each year.
Projects may start after 1 August 2024 and should be completed by August 2025.
Amount of grant: $15,000
WHO CAN APPLY
This Fellowship is open to teachers of English and Literacy and teacher librarians.
To be eligible to apply for this grant, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience in Australian schools or libraries
- Applicants must be employed in a primary or secondary school at the time of application
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Any overdue Cultural Fund grants must be acquitted
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be submitted by the closing date via the SmartyGrants online system
- Applicants may submit only one application per round
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Previous Reading Australia Fellowship recipients
The Copyright Agency has awarded five Reading Australia Fellowships to date.
More information and contact
For further information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the grants via email email@example.comShare Tweet