Submissions on Government’s new Cultural Policy due by 22 August
August 4, 2022
The Office for the Arts is inviting submissions on a new National Cultural Policy and anyone interested in our nation’s arts, entertainment and cultural sector is encouraged to have their say.
The new Cultural Policy aims to establish a comprehensive roadmap for a diverse, vibrant and sustainable arts, entertainment and cultural sector for the next decade.
It is centred around five goals, which are based on the 2013 Creative Australia – National Cultural Policy.
- First Nations: recognising and respecting the crucial place of these stories at the centre of our arts and culture.
- A place for every story: reflecting the diversity of our stories and the contribution of all Australians as the creators of culture.
- The centrality of the artist: supporting the artist as worker and celebrating their role as the creators of culture.
- Strong institutions: providing support across the spectrum of institutions which sustain our arts and culture.
- Reaching the audience: ensuring our stories reach the right people at home and abroad.
The Department is seeking feedback on these five goals.
Find out how to get involved. Submissions are due by 22 August.
Your feedback will help develop a renewed National Cultural Policy for Australia.
NAVA is seeks input from visual arts members on issues for the Cultural Policy. View more information.
If you would like further information, or assistance with your submission, please contact Member Services.