The Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund offers grants to writers and visual artists to create new work through Create Grants and Fellowships. We support skills and career development opportunities for publishing professionals and literary agents through Publishing Industry Career Development Grants.
Please note that from 2020, the Cultural Fund will not offer Ignite Grants for professional development for writers and visual artists.
If you are applying as an organisation please refer to the specific projects supported for organisations.
Projects supported through Publishing Industry Career Development Grants
Potential projects could include:
- Industry research into issues such as leadership in publishing, diversity, developing editorial/sales/marketing skills, etc
- Mentorships with other publishers to gain new skills and insights
- International market exploratory visits
- Sales/marketing intensives
- Upskilling in online publishing and accessible publishing models
- Attendance at a significant international leadership program
- Digital transformation/new models and upskilling
- Any research project which will have an impact on career development opportunities
This is not a definitive list and other activities may be included. Please contact the Cultural Fund to discuss a potential application.
Projects supported through Create Grants
Create Grants support mid-career and established writers and visual artists to create and develop new work. These grants are a form of living allowance. This may include support for research linked to your project.
The Cultural Fund will not support the following projects through our grants for individuals:
- Participation in academic conferences, writers’ festivals, or symposia
- Travel grants to attend launches, book promotions, conferences, exhibition openings, symposia, promotional tours
- Career development that is aligned with academic advancement and study
- Work that is part of academic study
- Book production and publishing costs
- General or project-based research trips
- Costs associated with exhibitions and performances
- Projects aimed at performing arts, music or dance audiences
- Self-publishing costs or any costs associated with producing new work, including exhibition costs
- Gallery tours
- Attendance at events or conferences for networking or promotional purposes