The Copyright Agency’s Cultural Fund offers grants to writers and visual artists to create new work through Create Grants and Fellowships. We support skills and career development opportunities for publishing professionals and literary agents through Publishing Industry Career Development Grants.
Please note that from 2020, the Cultural Fund will not offer Ignite Grants for professional development for writers and visual artists.
If you are applying as an organisation please refer to the specific projects supported for organisations.
The Publishing Industry Career Development Grants are currently on hold for 2023.
Projects supported through Publishing Industry Career Development Grants
Potential projects could include:
- Industry research into issues such as leadership in publishing, diversity, developing editorial/sales/marketing skills, etc
- Mentorships with other publishers to gain new skills and insights
- International market exploratory visits
- Sales/marketing intensives
- Upskilling in online publishing and accessible publishing models
- Attendance at a significant international leadership program
- Digital transformation/new models and upskilling
- Any research project which will have an impact on career development opportunities
This is not a definitive list and other activities may be included. Please contact the Cultural Fund to discuss a potential application.
Projects supported through Create Grants
Create Grants support mid-career writers and visual artists to create and develop new work. These grants are a form of living allowance. This may include support for research linked to your project.