The Cultural Fund supports projects which provide career enhancing opportunities to individuals in the writing, publishing and visual arts sectors; and support for individual writers,and visual artists to create and develop new work.
We support the following activities through IGNITE grants and CREATE grants.
- Structured mentorships
- Residencies with structured mentorship or structured learning opportunities
- Participation in professional workshops, courses, and conferences relevant to an applicant’s practice and career development
- Leadership opportunities in writing, publishing or the visual arts sectors
CREATE grants support mid-career and established writers and visual artists to create and develop new work. These grants are a form of living allowance.
The Cultural Fund will not support the following activities:
- Participation in academic conferences or symposiums
- Career development that is aligned with academic advancement and study
- Work that is part of academic study
- Project-based development (including exhibitions, publications and performances)
- Book launches, exhibition openings, production costs, promotional tours
- General or project-based research trips
- Self-publishing costs or any costs associated with producing new work, including exhibition costs
- Gallery tours
- Attendance at events or conferences for networking or promotional purposes.
- Foreign publisher/agent visits
Click below to see successful applicants we’ve supported in previous years:
For further information, see our Frequently Asked Questions.Share Tweet