Private Education Providers

Sourcing quality teaching material and diverse content from textbooks, research papers, newspapers, reports, websites, blogs, journals and newsletters is essential to meeting both student and teacher expectations and to achieving the best possible education outcomes.

The use of this material, however, needs to be covered by an appropriate licence – otherwise the educational institution could be at risk of infringing someone’s copyright and breaching the Copyright Act 1968.

In addition to arrangements with peak bodies for schools and universities, the Copyright Agency also has individual agreements with more than 1,000 other education providers, including private colleges, RTOs, training arms, community colleges and kindergartens.


Is your institution licensed?

Download the list of Independently Licensed Educational Institutions that are covered by an agreement as of April 2021.

If your institution is not covered, it may become covered by issuing a Remuneration Notice to Copyright Agency and entering into an agreement to pay equitable remuneration for your copying and sharing of content under the statutory licence.

Once your institution has an agreement in place, you obtain access to Copyright Agency’s FLEX platform. FLEX is a platform that helps educators and librarians store and serve extracts from books and journals under the Statutory Education Licence.

APPLY FOR a Licence

For further information, either call 1800 066 844 (toll free within Australia) or +61 2 9394 7600, or email

Apply online