We use different data for different distributions, depending on the data available to us.
Categories of data for distribution
We broadly categorise data for distribution as:
- transactional licence data (information about a licence for a single work)
- full records (information about each use under a ‘blanket’ total repertoire licence)
- survey data (information about usage by samples of licensees): see here
- indicative data (information from other sources about content available to a licensee class)
Sources of indicative data
Sources currently used include:
- supply of digital press clippings
- library holdings provided by the TAFE sector
- library holdings and lendings collated and provided by the National Library
- sales data from Nielsen BookScan
- information from rightsholders about their published works, available for copying by licensees.
12 December 2018Share Tweet